It makes sense that a lot of us feel overwhelmed during the holiday season. There are plenty of things we can do to keep our emotional and spiritual wellbeing in check. However, this time around, we’re talking nutrition and supplementing.
Here are five supplements we suggest incorporating into your diet over the next few months:
1. Digestive enzymes – these are great for breaking down macronutrients so that they become more absorbable.
2. Adaptogens – these are substances that are ‘biologically active’ and help your body adjust to stress. Ginseng and ashwagandha are great examples of adaptogens.
3. Fiber – Fiber plays an important role in maintaining digestive health and aiding elimination. Fiber-rich foods include berries, artichokes, lentils, chickpeas, oats and popcorn.
4. B Vitamins – B vitamins are essential to liver health and detoxification. Eggs and dairy products, legumes, leafy vegetables, whole grains etc. are all great sources of vitamin B.
5. Green Tea – Green tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine, which is great for promoting relaxation/sleep. It’s also known to improve one’s mood. Furthermore, green tea is an excellent antioxidant – it helps with brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other impressive benefits.
If you have any questions or would like a customized nutrition plan, please reach out to Dr. Brown at email@example.com.
Published December 21, 2019